Monday 22 August 2011

Top 10 Interview Questions 2 and 3: Strengths and Weaknesses


2. What are your Greatest Strengths?

In asking this question the interviewer is simply trying to figure out whether you can do the job and whether you will fit in at the company.

To answer this question, focus on how your technical skills solve a problem the company has and may possibly benefit the company.

Potential answer:

I am very good at supervising and managing the members of our team and being the liaison with management. My team had a major project due and we hit a snag; our client had not made some necessary adjustments so the data migration was going to be delayed by three weeks. I split the team in half to focus one half on the current project while the other half dealt with the data issue. Ultimately, it worked perfectly. I kept our management team in the loop every step of the way and we came in 5% under budget and on time – under some really tough circumstances.

 Worst Answers:

  • I'm very intelligent.
  • I've laptop, bike, car etc.

3. What Are Your Weaknesses?

By asking this question, the interviewer is trying to (a) screen out people who confess to weaknesses that are unacceptable given the position and (b) see how you deal with an uncomfortable question.

Answer this question by minimizing your weakness and emphasizing your strengths and giving a weakness that is also a strength. Be honest, but do not be absurdly blunt. Focus on professional traits, not personal traits, because professional traits can be learned.

Potential answer:

  • I am always working on improving my communication skills to be a more effective presenter. I recently took a seminar at MIT on effective IT communication skills.
  • One of my weaknesses was to take on too many projects with too little time to complete to my high standards. I have learned to prioritize and set realistic goals. I am now more focused and productive professionally and personally.
Worst Answers:
  • I'm really lazy.
  • I can't control my temper.
  • I killed my last boss.

Related post



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Aapki Naukri Tips Copyright © 2011