Monday 22 August 2011

Top Ten Interview Question 6: What Are Your Goals?

Number 6. What Are Your Goals?

By asking this question the interviewer is (a) giving you a chance to talk about your goals, (b) trying to see if you are a thoughtful, driven candidate and (c) trying to determine whether you fit within the organization.
To answer this question, again link your skills to the customers need and show how your goals benefit the company. Sometimes it is best to talk about short-term and intermediate goals rather than locking yourself into the distant future.

Potential answer:

  • I have been looking for a position that will allow me to use C++. My primary goal was to find a company using C++ like yours. I may have some learning to do, but I hope that in six months I will be the person people turn to for the right answers. Ultimately, I look forward to managing projects.
  • My short-term goal is to come work with the team and finish Project Unicorn by using my knowledge of C++ to add functionality just like I did when XYZ put out HyperTee 2.0. My intermediate goal is to continue to build responsibility and move into a more senior position. Ultimately, I’d like to use my technical skills and leadership ability to manage a team that is building new and creative solutions that hit our bottom line.
Worst Answer:
  • Become a famous developer, designer, etc.
  • Open my own organization.

Related post



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Aapki Naukri Tips Copyright © 2011